Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mr. Mom

I knew I was a lucky gal when I snagged my hubby, but last Sunday it really sealed the deal. I've been working nonstop trying to make ends meet, and really trying to finish up these classes before the Fall semester starts on top of everything else a wife and mom need to handle in their day-to-day lives. Needless to say I was losing my mind... and my patience. I broke down all the time, and for no reason. Commercials, the trash bag being full, the cat meowing too much... everything! LOL SO! Michael woke Taylor up Sunday morning, and let me stay in bed (which was probably better for him that way so I wasn't crying or snapping about something), and took her to church. When I finally crawled out of bed I had the house to myself for about 3 hours! It was amazing, but then when they came home it was time for me to head back in to town to go to work.
Ladies... you're never going to believe what he did for me while I was gone. When I came home it smelled amazing! He had all the candles lit, the entire house had been picked up, he had swept and mopped the whole house, vacuumed the area rug, did the dishes, cleaned the TOILET and the tub, and even did the laundry (I didn't tell him that the two baskets he had just washed were the clean clothes I had yet to fold)! I was so excited because now I didn't have to spend the rest of my evening doing all of those things myself, even though I probably wouldn't have done them anyway. I was so proud of him! Since then he's been especially helpful with Taylor, and a lot more patient with my impatience. Thank the lord for small miracles!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment