Monday, March 30, 2009

Seatrepid: Underwater Excellence!

On Sunday morning Michael and I left before church and drove 8 hours to Robert, Louisiana. This time to hopefully just "firm up" the deal with his job there. Well, the trip down there ended up being a lot fo fun, and the scenery was beautiful... MUCH better than our trips to Morgan City. We ended up staying in a town about the size of Temple, called Hammond. Our hotel was very nice, and was even cheaper than our stay in Morgan City, so, as you can imagine we went in to this interview feeling pretty good. Everything was going our way.

So, this morning Michael and got out of bed about 8, that gave us an hour to get dressed, eat breakfast, and drive over to Robert for his interview at 9. We got there about 15 minutes early, but he went in, and I stayed in the car. Around 11 he came out and gave me the good news. He had got the job (YAY!), and that he would give me all the details later, cuz he was fixing to have his first day... LOL. It ended up just being an observation time for about an hour and a half, but it was still pretty neat for him. I left and went to Wal-Mart HAHA... The trip home was good except for being so tired. Michael starts his training with Seatrepid April 20th. It'll be a week long, then he'll probably go off shore. The pay is good, and his benefits are great. I guess our prayers have finally been answered. Finally seeing the light at the other end of the tunnel I think I "got it". There's always a lesson to be learned, and everything happens for a reason. I believe that with my whole heart. This challenge taught Michael and I to be patient... with life, our marriage, and Taylor. We've learned to trust, and have an infinite amount of faith. That's all we had to run on, so, we did a lot of praying... and crying... and asking "why?" and "when?", but it "God who plans the course of our lives" and God's timing is perfect. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment