Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Memorial Day Weekend

First of all, I was just so happy to have my hubs home with me 3 days in a row! To kick it off, on Saturday we had a "date night" and sent Taylor to stay with her Grandma for the evening. It consisted of going to Wal-Mart, buying a digorno pizza, a $5 movie, and Sarah Lee Strawberry cheesecake bites... LOL. Then we were in bed and asleep by 10:30. It was great though. On Sunday after church, we had a really great time at his boss's pool party. Apparently everyone who works there has a birthday in May, so, they had one big party for all of them. The food was great, the people were great, and the pool was AMAZING. Taylor and I were the first one's in. We stayed in for 3 hours straight then got out to eat. It was so much fun!On Monday we got up early and started cooking. At my dad's we grilled out with ribs and sausage and all of the fixin's. Of course adult beverages were readily available. My whole family was there as well as my father-in-law, and two of our very best friends with their little boy. We set up a slip-n-slide for the kiddos, but it turns out that my hubby, his best friend, and my dad who is MUCH older than those guys liked it more than the babies. I wish I had picture of the old men sliding down it, but a picture of the kids will have to do.My little diva also really enjoyed the lounge chair =). Yes moms, she was slathered in sunscreen A LOT throughout the day. She still ended up with a nice tan line around her little bottom. Too cute!
That was our weekend. I was sad to see it end, but we were blessed with great food, people, and activity all 3 days! Hello summer!!!

4 comments:

  1. Saw you on SITS, just stopped by to say hi! Your daughter is a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by for WW! Looks like a fun time ~ thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww I'm glad you guys had a fun holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag your it! Go look at my blog!

    ReplyDelete