Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Shack

I don't review books as a profession, and this is just my opinion, but I do believe that The Shack is the best book I have ever read. It's a fiction novel about faith, religion, Christianity, and human pain and suffering. A must read, and for the character in the story, and for myself, it answers a lot of questions most people tend to ask God, but never really seem to get an answer. WM Paul Young did an amazing job of deciphering The Word and putting it into simpler terms. Why do bad things happen to good people? How can we tell when it's really God talking to us? What is religion? You'll need a tissue for the first few chapters, but hang in there... the story is amazing.

The back of the book reads: "Mackenzie Allen Philips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, and inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.
Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever."

I encourage anyone and everyone to check this book out. It's a short read, but an amazing story.

1 comment:

  1. My sister and nephew read it a while back and I forgot that I was going to read it when I got finished reading what I was reading then. I will have to ask my sister to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete