Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Barking dogs, trains, and birds

How is anyone expected to sleep anymore? I live in a small rural community with about 12 people in it, but apparently everyone has a dog, a train, and squacking birds in their backyard that only come out after 10:00pm. I can't take it anymore! Ok, really there's only ONE train, but a million dogs and birds.
An ongoing joke between myself and my family is how seriously I take my sleep. I'm in bed by 10:00 every night, and I do not function well on anything less than 8 hours. Well, this leads me to the last WEEK of my life. I have one dog. A big stupid dog. He barks at his own shadow, and he does it right outside my bedroom window. Our neighbor... our neighbor has 4 dogs. 4!. We live less than 200 yards away from the railroad tracks... which is probably the only thing that keeps this town up and running, anywho, this last week a train has come through about 30 minutes. We don't get the nice conductors either.... we've got the a-holes that pull the horn in one long, loud stream from one end of town to the other, even though it's the middle of the night!! Jerks. As if that weren't enough, we have two rather large trees in our front yard where some very obnoxious birds have taken roost, and like to SING in the middle of the night. I can't believe it. My 22 month old daughter doesn't even keep me awake anymore. Geez. What's a person got to do to get a good nights rest anymore?
My rant ends here. I'm going to take a nap. =) Everyone have a great Wednesday!!

5 comments:

  1. Whoa I just noticed right now reading your post when you said "My 22 month old daughter..." that Taylor is almost 2!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, let's not rub it in. ho hum... she's growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Toni! I do have some healthy recipes that I will probably post on my weight loss blog soon... I will put it on my to-do list!! :) If you look through that blog where I found the baked chicken parmesan, you will find a lot! She has a ton of good ones that I can't wait to try!

    I hope you can get some sleep! That sucks about all of the noise!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the noisy calamity that is keeping you up. I can feasibly run on 3 hours, but Hubs has to have 9 minimum!
    This reminded me of Steel Magnolias when the Father is shooting his pistol into the trees to scare the birds away. Got any of those lying around? Haha!
    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel!! Along with barking dogs our neighbors bass their music all day and all night! Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete